Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Favorite Bible Verse

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV). This is one of the Bible verses I had heard all of my life that I thought I understood. But it wasn't until the age of 42 that I experienced its meaning so deep. On March 16,2007 I watched my mother take her last breath.it was surreal , it was beautiful , and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do . My life was changed forever and as I write this I still cry. I was pretty sure that moment her heart stopped that she went to be with The Lord ,for she loved The Lord with all her heart and had accepted him as her savior . But it wasn't until we were traveling home from her Memorial service from West Virginia to Florida that I knew for sure that she was in heaven. My husband drives on long trips so I mostly read or enjoy scenery . So when we were passing a big van of some sort that had the numbers 3:16 painted larger than life on the back of it and the verse that followed I was first caught by shock at the numbers because it was day of my Mothers death . It hit me so hard as I then read the verse printed on the back of that van In a whole new light. Jackie , for God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son , that your Momma who loved th Lord and believed in him with all her heart is not dead and is with her Father in heaven. That is why I choose John 3:16 as my favorite verse.

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, that is beautiful. That our Good God would use this verse in such a special way to touch your grieving heart and to show it to you in a whole new way... I love this!

    :) Missy (OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete